Sunday, September 27, 2009

Out of the mouth of a 4-year-old


O--Yes, I am napping. I sleep with my eyes open.

--Please pick up your sweater and put your shoes away.
O-Aaach. I have to do all the work around here!

Fixed O's stuffed tiger.
O-Wow, you're the doctor of animals!

--At 8:30pm.
O-Okay, I'm going to have a nap now so I can watch a movie later.
--Um no!

O--I just knew that. It was in my brain.

O with head on my stomach as I read story:
O--Aaaw... I can't hear your stomach is roaring.

O--Look a convertible. Look... a convertible!! Look a convertible. Look... a convertible!! Look a convertible. Look... a convertible!! Look a convertible. Look... a convertible!!

O--When I close my eyes I can't see my brain. It's too dark.

O--Can you scratch my back? Can you scratch my back? can you, huh? Can you scratch my back? Can you scratch my back? can you, huh?

O--The sun has burnt my brain. My head is empty. My head is so hot. (riding in the car)

1 comment:

The pale observer said...

Well he sure is cute. Wish I'd written down all the things my boys had said when they were little!